Barley, Pup, and the Farmer (your hosts) encourage you to visit New Zealand’s first Shed and Breakfast experience.
The farmstay is also listed on Airbnb, where you can find more information and reviews.
What you get
A relaxed farmstay. Rustic chic accommodation, modern conveniences, fresh eggs, milk and homemade bread and genuine farming experiences. Or if you prefer, just some quiet creative space and time for yourself.
This is a working organic sheep and beef farm. You are welcome to share in any of the activities listed:
- Harvest fresh organic veges from the garden
- Stroll along the river with the ewes
- Collect eggs with Barley and Pup in the Blue Gum forest
- Name lambs and calves in spring
- Watch the farmer shear a sheep in five minutes
- Try shearing one yourself
- Share stories, recipes, and music
The accommodation – B & B Farmstay
The Shed has been transformed into a rustic, chic, self-contained split level unit.
On the upper level a bedroom with queen size bed. Downstairs is the kitchen, living area and reading nook which converts into more sleeping quarters. Down the hallway is the shower (with instant hot water) and bathroom. Next door to this another bedroom, complete with queen size bed and bunk room.
The entire shed can accommodate up to eight people.
Price $85 for the first person and $50 for each additional guest.
It’s more than farmstay; it’s a fun experience.